New Delhi: Late Bollywood actor Sushant Singh Rajput’s father, KK Singh has lodged a First Information Report (FIR) against actress Rhea Chakraborty at Rajiv Nagar police station in Patna, on Sunday.
Sushant’s father complained against Rhea for emotionally blackmailing and extorting money from his son. He registered a five-page FIR against the ‘Jalebi’ actress Rhea, for instigating the actor to commit suicide. Bihar’s police officers also reached Patna for questioning Rhea on the matter.
Rhea has also filed an FIR against a few people for bullying and harassing her on social media. They were accusing her of Sushant’s death.
The Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP), Patna said that the case has been filed under special circumstances and the FIR has been kept under the classified category and sent to the court.
Meanwhile, in Mumbai, Mahesh Bhatt has been enquired on Monday, about his connection with Sushant’s case. A senior police officer questioned Bhatt upon which he said that he had met Sushant only twice. The first time Bhatt met Sushant two years back in August 2018 and the second time in January this year.
According to the police, Bhatt said that he didn’t discuss the film and casting with Sushant. Bhatt also added that his production house, Vishesh Films only worked with newcomers. According to The Indian Express, the officer said, “We called Bhatt to corroborate certain facts that have come to light during the course of the investigation and to clear doubts in people’s minds about our investigations”.
Bhatt revealed that he never offered any role to Sushant for his upcoming movie ‘Sadak 2‘, but Rajput has always expressed his interest in working with him.
Last week, the Mumbai police also received Sushant Singh Rajput’s viscera report from Kalina Forensic Science Laboratory (FSL).
The officer said, “the FSL has informed us that there are no signs of poisoning in the viscera report. On the basis of our probe so far, there is also no evidence of foul play”.
While on the other hand, Apoorva Mehta, the CEO of Dharma productions have been asked to record his statement on Tuesday, in connection with the agreement signed with Rajput for Drive, the film which also starred Jacqueline Fernandez, released on Netflix last year.